Thursday, October 15, 2009

Manahawkin, NJ: August 26 to September 10

We went to my Aunt Darby and Uncle Charlie's house in New Jersey.  While we there, I helped my aunt at the Church's "Ken's Kitchen" soup kitchen and food pantry, where she works every week.  We made 240 meals (chicken, mashed potato, rolls, etc.) to take away and served another 200 people in the dining room.  We also helped with unloading the vans from the food delivery, and sending pastries to other food centers and shelters in New Jersey.  The meals were fun to prepare; I was fast at helping.


I always like it when we go to Aunty Darby's house.  I get to be good "flying up to angel heaven good" and get a new Nintendo game in payment.  I also tried to finish watching every Avatar episode before we left the country.  Here is a picture of Uncle Avatar aka Uncle Charlie. 


Darby has two dogs:  Milo and Indy -- named for Independence Day because she got him on the 4th of July.  They are Labradoodle dogs -- half Laborador and half Poodle.  They are fluffy and silly.  Indy, the puppy, wrestles with Milo all the time.  He bites Milo's tail but Milo is very patient and lets it go for a while.  Then he attacks Indy.  Indy was comfy when he lay on your feet and took a nap -- very warm.  I liked it.


While we were in New Jersey, my grandparents visited from Florida.  They drove their RV motorhome and lived in Aunty Darby's backyard.  Then they sold the RV (boo hoo) and drove back to Florida.  You can see the RV in this picture behind the giant tomato plants and the grill.  We had to eat tomatoes every day, whether we wanted to or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment